Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Words So True

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Words So True
Running is a common theme in my writing. There are a lot of reasons I like to write about it, but I think it is mostly because I believe that running is a metaphor for life.

I came across this ad for Izumi running shoes a couple of months ago. I pulled it out yesterday to read to Joseph (with a few necessary word changes) as his little pre-race pep talk. I decided to go ahead and post it because even though the words are not mine, the sentiment most certainly is.

Running hurts. It always has. Woolly mammoths didn't just roll over onto a plate and serve themselves up to prehistoric man with fries and a shake. They had to be caught - and running down woolly mammoths was a bitch. Guess what? Running is still a bitch. But one with a purpose. It teaches us that good things do not come easy. It teaches us that we are capable of more than we think. It teaches us that hard work will be rewarded and laziness will be punished. Next time you suffer on the roads or trails, suffer proudly. It means you run like an animal.

Posted by KC at 2:16 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment